**Please note that this article touches on certain functionality that is only available to FastRecruit Team or FastRecruit Connect subscribers. Read more about the difference between these here. Please contact our sales team to learn more email@example.com.**
FastRecruit Team subscribers have access to the Task feature which allows you to assign tasks to yourself or other coaches. Tasks are meant to remind coaches to complete important activities such as texting a recruit to congratulate them on a big victory, or reaching out to an AAU coach to ask some additional questions. Tasks can be managed from both the web portal and the mobile app. This article will cover tasks on the mobile app. Read more about tasks on the web portal here.
On the Home tab, right below your recruit lists, you'll see any outstanding Tasks assigned to you. Tasks will appear in two colors:
Blue - Indicates Task is not past due date/time
Red - Indicates Task is past due date/time
To create a new Task, select Add Task from the Home tab. In the Add Task window, enter the following information:
- Recruit: If the Task is specific to a recruit, search for them here. Leave this field blank if the task is not specific to a recruit. This field is optional.
- Staff: Select the coach who this Task should be assigned to. This is a required field.
- Due Date: Select the due date for this Task. This is a required field.
- Due Time: Select the due time for this Task. This field is optional. Due time will default to 12:00 AM if no time is specified.
- Instruction: Enter the details of the Task. This is a required field.
After selecting an outstanding Task, you'll see a Task Menu as seen below. You will only have the option to delete the Task if you created it.
Selecting Contact Recruit will bring up a menu with any saved phone numbers or e-mail addresses as seen below to the left. If no phone numbers or e-mail addresses are saved to the recruit, you'll see options to launch into the default messaging or mail apps as seen below to the right.
After contacting the recruit and returning to FastRecruit, you'll be prompted to mark the Task as complete as seen below on the left. Selecting Mark Task Completed will bring up a menu as seen below on the right:
If you contacted a recruit, we recommend selecting Set Last Contacted to document the interaction. Doing so will bring up a prompt as seen below to document the interaction: